Both the persons have contributed to development of science and general of management. They both realised that problem of personnel and its management t all levels is the key to individual success. Both applied scientific method to this problem that Taylor worked primarily from operative level, from bottom to upward, while fayol concentrated on managing director and work downwards was merely a reflection of their very different careers”. They both different from each other in following aspects:
- Taylor looked at management from supervisory viewpoint & tired to improve efficiency at operating level. He moved upwards while formulating theory. On the other hand, Fayol analysed management from level of top management downward. Thus, Fayol could afford a broader vision than Taylor.
- Taylor called his philosophy “Scientific management” while Fayol describe his approach as “A general theory of administration”.
- Main aim of Taylor to improve labor productivity & to eliminate all type of waste through standardisation of work & tools. Fayol attempted to develop a universal theory of management and stressed upon need for teaching the theory of management.
- Taylor focused his attention on fact by management and his principles are applicable on shop floor. But Fayol concentrated on function of managers and on general principles of management wheel could be equally applied in all.
- Taylor disgrards human elements and there is more stress on improving men, materials and methods whereas Fayol pays disregards on human element e.g- Principle of initiative, Espirit De Corps and Equity recognises a need for human relations.
- Taylor principles are restricted to production activities in other side Fayol principles are applicable in all kinds of organization regarding their management affairs.
Both emphasised mutual co-operation between employment and employees. Fayol’s theory is more widely applicable than that of Taylor, although Taylor’s philosophy has undergone a big change. Under influence of modern development, but Fayol’s principles of management have stood the test of time and are still being accepted as the core of management theory.
Need Any Help?
If required more information and any query.
Anytime you can contact us:
Phone: +91 958-740-6557 (India)
email address: CuteVamp911@gmail.com