A freelancer is self-employed person offering various services as per their skills, to multiple clients. Freelancer acts as his own boss, with his own service list, pricing and target market area.
This gives you the flexibility to choose your own working hours, working full or part-time on the projects of your choice.
Getting started with freelancing
A freelance business can be started with virtually no overheads cost, that one may start almost immediately with a bit of time and passion.
Here your skills are important, you need to have a mastery in a particular domain. You must be passionate about your working area, to provide services to your targeted market.
How to make money as a freelancer?
Well, there are lots of way to earn from your freelancing services. But I can sum-up the whole in just 3 easy steps.
- Decide your services and target market.
- Marketing your services to get clients.
- Serve clients to their satisfaction, so have repeated customers.
Now you must be thinking…
It’s easy to list down the services that you can provide, it is also easy to serve clients as you have skills to provide these services.
What about marketing or getting clients?
Initially what you may have heard is, spread the news in your family and friends that you are providing these services, but let me tell you…
That’s not a good way to start off…
So what to do…
You must enter into the market where people are looking for your services. That’s the best way to start off…
So let’s have a look at the online market place where buyers are ready to give you sales.
- Fiverr.com – This website comes at top 300 websites in the world, having millions of daily buyers. You may start selling your services at USD5 min. All you have to do is, register and add your services (as gigs) in the website. Buyers will find your listing and orders will start flowing in.
- UpWork.com – This is a merger to two big giants (elance.com and odesk.com) in the field of online market place where buyers post there requirements and freelancer can search and get projects.
- Freelancer.com – this is one of the biggest website of online market place having more than 7,000,000 users.
Same way there are more than 30 best website for online market place. But I suggest you start off with couple of website that suits your way of working.
Do not put all your energy working around all the website that would be a waste of time and will not fetch you good results.
I personally recommend fiverr.com, as if worked properly, you get lots of clients from this site and after some time you can expand, and of no surprise one day you will find your inbox filled with lots of orders.
I have been working as a freelancer. It’s been a great journey so far having seen lots of new way to build career as a freelancer. I’m here ready to help, all you have to do is sign up here (link or way).