- According to Koontz, Controlling is the measurement and correction of performance in order to make sure that enterprise objectives and the plans devised to obtain them are accomplished.
- Control, or controlling, is one of the managerial functions.
- It is an important function because it helps to check the errors and to take the corrective action so that deviation from standards are minimised and stated goals of the organisation are achieved in a desired manner.
In 1916, Henri Fayol formulated one of the first definitions of control as it pertains to management:-
- Control of an undertaking consists of seeing that everything is being carried out in accordance with the plan which has been adopted, the orders which have been given, and the principles which have been laid down. Its object is to point out mistakes in order that they may be rectified and prevented from recurring.
The features of controlling are: –
- Control is a continuous process
- Control is embedded in each level of organisational hierarchy.
- Control is backward as well as forward-looking.
- Control is closely linked with planning.
- Control compares actual performance with planned performance.
Need any help?
If you require any business related help or other guidance than read our business blog on www.cutevamp.com
Or contact us on: +919587406557 (India)